Rogue is a dungeon crawling video game first developed by Michael Toy and Glenn Wichman around 1980. It is generally credited with being the first "graphical" adventure game, and was a favorite on college Unix systems in the early to mid-1980s, in part due to the procedural generation of game content.

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_(computer_game)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It has Arrived

Alpha Protocol has finally arrived on my doorstep. So for the next week or so I will be entrenched in all the wonder that is the modern spy. This means not too much will be done programing over the next week or so as I get though my first burn of the game.

Having been around a while, I know how I play games. Which is good because I can easily plan my life around releases of games that I expect to play. Fortunately there is only a few games a year that I buy and play. Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 were the more recent ones. Though I did dabble a bit in to Fallen Earth and D&D Online.

Now, being a good project manager, I already planned for this. I have pre-written some commentary pieces that I can publish over the next week. To be demonstrate my level of preparedness, even this particular posting was written a week ago. I really don't want to be interrupted when I am gaming.

Now Alpha Protocol does have some part to play in the YAR-Project. I went to high school with one of the designers over at Obsidian Entertainment. He was the GM for our Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing game. Many a Saturday afternoon was spent drinking coke and eating Pringles Lite while battling Sakven and other dark horrors he created.

This project started because I was sort of envious of him. Well envious of a few others of my classmates and peers that were in some type of creative occupation. I wanted to correct that. Over the past few years, I have attempted a few different ideas. However it took some time to put my finger on something that both excited me and was something that I had a good amount of skill already. And the result is The YAR Project.

So with that said and done. Let me go and play my game in peace :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment