Rogue is a dungeon crawling video game first developed by Michael Toy and Glenn Wichman around 1980. It is generally credited with being the first "graphical" adventure game, and was a favorite on college Unix systems in the early to mid-1980s, in part due to the procedural generation of game content.

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_(computer_game)

Friday, July 2, 2010

Things going Boom

Aside from being on travel this week for work, I had the unfortunate event of my laptop's hard drive dieing on me. The annoyance about losing "data" was minimal. I have multiple copies of all my critical data in various locations. All of the "YAR-Project" work is up on the Sourceforge Subversion server so nothing was lost there. A few documents that were in flux were lost, but I have hard copies of them so I still good to go.

Not having my laptop in while in a hotel room left me to the whims of broadcast TV to relax from the day. Of course this meant I was not able to do any work this week as well. However, I did get to to meet up with an old friends and got enough encouragement to keep following my dream.

This weekend I should have everything rebuilt on my laptop to continue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment