Rogue is a dungeon crawling video game first developed by Michael Toy and Glenn Wichman around 1980. It is generally credited with being the first "graphical" adventure game, and was a favorite on college Unix systems in the early to mid-1980s, in part due to the procedural generation of game content.

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_(computer_game)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How....Original

I never ever implied that what I am doing is unique in any way. Just found these today:

Rogue Basin: The wiki on all things RogueLike.

It even has How to Write Your Own Rogue in 15 Steps. Seems like I am already on Step 4. Looking at that outline made me feel good since it is fairly close to what I had working on in my head as a development guideline.

Anyway, back to the code.

0 comments:

Post a Comment