Rogue is a dungeon crawling video game first developed by Michael Toy and Glenn Wichman around 1980. It is generally credited with being the first "graphical" adventure game, and was a favorite on college Unix systems in the early to mid-1980s, in part due to the procedural generation of game content.

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_(computer_game)

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pushing It Out the Door

So here I am once more. All goals for Rev 2 of Connect Four have been met. Now it is time to let the code sit for a bit and go over again to see if there are any other defects or issues that need to be addressed. There are still some style issues that are inconsistent as well as I feel the main class C4Board is just doing to many different things. But at this point it isn't really worth a redesign to see if I could break up the class a bit. Most of the extra bits it is doing is specific to the Connect Four game itself so not much for reuse.

I plan to tweak some of the sounds and visual aspects a bit, but for the most part the underlying logic will be unchanged. I expect that after a month or so I would like to come back to this and see what I could have done better. At that point I will have had at least one more exercise project out as well as having done more reading on the topic of C++ and Game Programing.

The next task is Documentation and Design. Documentation is updating the wiki over at Sourceforge. I added two new classes recently that will also be included in the YAR-Lib project so I should start putting my notes in there. Also I have a few more classes that I want to create for the Maze Mover exercise project. That is the Design part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment